AirDrop allows you to quickly and easily share files between Apple devices. For example, you can share photos between iPhone, transfer videos from iPhone to iPad or Mac. You can also share a contact, link, program, etc. through AirDrop. I think you already know how convenient it is and how well Apple implements it.
But what if AirDrop doesn’t work? It doesn’t matter if it’s between an iPhone and a MacBook, an iPad and a Mac, or between two iPhones. This, unfortunately, also happens. I myself have encountered this many times. In this article, you will find several solutions to help you fix AirDrop from working. This time without complex advice and big instructions. You just need to check the settings and re-activate some functions.
Fixing AirDrop Issues on iPhone and iPad
The first thing I recommend doing is to check if AirDrop is enabled at all on your device (which will accept files) and what device discovery mode is set in the settings. There are three options: “Reception off” – other devices will not be able to discover your device, “Only for contacts” – only those devices that are in your contacts will see your device, “For everyone” – your iPhone will discover all devices nearby . We do this:
- Open the settings on your iPhone or iPad and go to the General menu – AirDrop. The default is usually “Contacts Only”. If you have this item selected, but AirDrop does not work, then set it to “Public”. Or turn this feature off and on.
- These settings are also available in the shortcut menu.
I recommend setting the mode to “All”.
If this does not solve the problem, then you need to check if Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on (since devices are connected via Bluetooth, and files are transferred via Wi-Fi). And if it is on, then turn it off and on again. This can still be done in the settings, in the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth section. It is in the settings, and not in the menu with quick settings.
There are no other solutions from the iPhone/iPad side (if you know, share in the comments). Is it possible to turn it off and on (reload) your phone or tablet.
If AirDrop doesn’t work on a MacBook or Mac
- You need to open Finder and go to the AirDrop tab on the left.
- If you have Bluetooth turned off on your Mac, then most likely you will see a button that you can click on to turn it on. After that everything should work.
- If Bluetooth is enabled, you’ll see an AirDrop window and a single setting where you can choose which devices can see your Mac. I recommend setting “For everyone” there.
- After that, AirDrop should work.
What else can be done:
- Check if Wi-Fi is enabled. If enabled, turn it off and on.
- Check if Bluetooth is enabled. If it is already on, then turn it off and on again.
- Restart your Mac.
If you have any problems with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi on your Mac or iPhone, then AirDrop does not work for this very reason. You need to contact the service center and fix the problem in the operation of these wireless modules. Then AirDrop will work.